Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Ten on Tuesday

Ima be like Mike and do Yano's 10 on Tuesday... Ten Favorite Quotes from the Movies Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention? Love Jones: Never make the same mistake twice. . . 'cause that shit's played out like a 8 track. When that jones come down Come down like a muthafucka. Love is what you make and who you make it with. Love, Passion, It is, what it is. Mighty Ducks 3: What's the one thing all great teams have in common? . . . defense. See, unlike scoring defense never quits. But to play great defense you need one thing above all else. . . confidence. Listen, if you learn nothing else while you're here you learn this. . . alright? This is not just about hockey. It's easy to be confident when you have control of the puck, it's very very difficult to keep that confidence when you gotta take whatever strange bounces life throws your way. . . don't be careless--but don't be too careful either!! You cannot be afraid to lose!! That's how you gain the confidence to ATTACK the game when the puck isn't yours. That's how you attack life. Even when you think you don't have any control. . . and thats how you play real defense. Jerry McGuire: You had me at hello... You bet on me...like i bet on you. Some Kind of Wonderful: ...remember how i said i'd rather be with someone for the wrong reasons, then alone for the right ones? I'd rather be right. Shawshank Redemption: Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies. Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free. Serendipity: You have to have faith. . . in destiny. 10 Things I Hate About You: I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. The Breakfast Club: Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club. The Outsiders: Nature's first green is gold / her hardest hue to hold / her early leaves a flower / but only so an hour / then leaf sudsides to leaf / so Eden sank to grief / so dawn goes down to day / nothing gold can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment