Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's all happening...

They took away my furniture & donations. It was so sad, but I know it's all in good hands. I know it sounds sappy and all, but I felt like crying. Standing on my street, outside, watching my friends boyfriend load up the truck--I wanted to cry. My downstairs is so sad. Come Sunday, I will have all the furniture I started out with when I first moved down to Tustin. A plastic shelf from Target, a futon, a folding table and chairs, and a bunch of boxes. The rest of my furniture will be placed with their new owners during the weekend. It feels so final. But I know it's the right thing to do. One part of my life is ending, and another beginning. My life in L.A. has been over for a while--my mind has been in the bay with my family and best of friends for the past couple of months. It's finally happening. Everyone's been scheduling a time to take me out to lunch. Happy hour for my last day (actually 2nd to last day) has been scheduled. I can't believe i've been here for 6 years, well, 1.5 in Tustin (O.C.), the rest in Burbank/Glendale. Worked in O.C., Downtown L.A., Santa Monica (office moved to Culver City) to finally Century City. All over L.A. I'm so done. This is break time. I'll be fully applied to grad schools of choice on January 31st. The rest of my paperwork has arrived in San Jose, and is waiting to be mailed away. I'm working with two agencies for long term temp jobs. My first option was contingent on me dating/sleeping with him (and I was so NOT going to do that--good thing I saw all the signs). Tell me to not be so professional? I think not. Honey, I do NOT need a job that badly. I'm done being "comfortable". I'm going for the gold. Taking a chance, this is Part 1. I hope Part 2 will be in 7 months. When that happens I might be shitting bricks, but I know i'll be at my happiest. Wish me luck peoples. I'm in hard core training!! On top of all this, I got a race in a month!! I have come full circle. 7 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment