Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"Defy the old dragon, defy fear"

There's a poem by Johann Franck that says it better than I will. "Defy the old dragon, defy fear. The world may rage and quake but I shall remain singing in perfect peace." Yeah, things happen -- things you don't expect -- or want or like. The world rages and you become someone you didn't know you'd ever be. And there you are, in your clothes, in your life, this is my future, this is me. This is me 'cause I want things I never thought I would. I want the possibilities a school like Princeton [edit: Columbia/Rutgers/NYU] can afford. A place to grow, to meet new people, a place to be surprised when life turns out to be nothing like I imagined. You have to be grateful for it -- in perfect peace. -From Everwood tonight [repeat] Defy the old dragon, Defy jaws of death. Defy the fear of them! Rage, world, and burst, I stand here and sing In repose most secure. God's Might holds me in awe, Earth and Abyss are struck dumb, Even if they growl. -Johann Franck ------------ Today marks a new beginning for me, a new year. New beginnings, new challenges and lots of adventure (I hope). The decade has begun, I hope it will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment