Friday, December 31, 2004

Good-bye 2004

This year has had it's ups and downs, but I believe I am a lot stronger because of it... This year started out really, really bad. My Aunt Lina passed away from Breast Cancer the night before my 30th birthday. I will always associate my birthday with her death...but I will honor her and remember her by running in the Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure. Also, every time I look at my bracelet, I will remember why I run, and why I train. I was able to make a few trips throughout the year. Jersey/NY part 2, my first visit to Mammoth (daymn you Dave's run), day trips to Snow Summit and Big Bear, TJ's and Rosarito. I wrote my first personal statement to Grad School, and was eventually denied. However, I am glad the Dean of Admissions of Rutgers took the time to talk to me about other options. I obtained my first ever 4.0! I am almost ready to re-apply to Rutgers and see if Columbia or NYU want me. I hope this time around they'll be able to see my potential, and take a chance on me. I am also glad I have so much support, thank you everyone for helping me "perfect" my personal statements. I found my strength, again. My "inner" voice. Thank you for thinking so little of me. Thank you for being so judgmental, even though i've only tried to get to know who you are. Thank you for not giving me the same consideration. I learned who my true friends are, and who the time being friends are. We've all been through a lot this year. Tests were made for all of us. I'm glad I was able to see who's true, and I thank you. I'm getting better at keeping in touch. I love sending packages. =) I have made sure that all my friends, from Diego to the Bay, and all the way to the Midwest and East Coast know that I care. Friendship is a two-way street, I wish more people realized that. I still appreciate the "little things". I wish more people did. Things happen for a reason, I have accepted that. I have learned to roll with the punches. I like action, not words. Some people had to be let go. I remember the lessons learned, I will never forget. I have the ability to give someone my heart, even if I do not believe he knows that he has it. The most important one of all...I am happy with me. I found "me" again, i've been lost for a long time now--but I am focused, and "I" know. I do not care what others think, they have not been in my head recently--so how the hell would they know what "I" am thinking or feeling? I can do anything I set out to do, always have, and "I" ALWAYS will. So with all that said. Good-bye 2004. I expect 2005 to be a kick ass year, filled with lots and lots of change, risks, and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment