Friday, December 03, 2004

30 days and counting...

With every day that passes, I look forward to each new day...the thought of leaving this place has been dancing in my head. It's all I think about when I am here. How sad right? I hate LA, and I hate my job (more so my job than LA). *sigh* 30 more days, 30 more long days! I can't stand looking at some of the people I work with, but i'm going to miss some of them too. It's really sad when you think about it. I mean, i've been here for almost 3 years. 3 years!! Some people haven't changed, and yes, those same people still treat most of use like useless pieces of sh*t. Just because you have Esq. after your name does not make you a better person than I, and just because you have a higher position than me does not mean you can get all up in my face and treat me like a child. Titles mean nothing to me (unless it's something cool like King or Queen, President, Secretary of [fill in the blank], maybe even Professor, or M.D., or PhD, or in my case M.S.W.). It's really sad when all you can remember is all the bad things. One of the higher ups told one of my friends that, "you should be thankful to be working." Yes, we all know we're replaceable...thank you for reiterating that fact. Racist sons and daughters of b*tches. I'm glad we're all on the same page. Practically everyone on my side of the office is leaving. Glad we're helping out with the downsizing. I should have known it would have been this way when all the attorneys started leaving when I first started. Granted, I never intended to stay this long, it just worked out that way. If I had it my way, I would have left end of this summer...but instead, I was forced to stay another half a year. At least i'm 6 months closer to my goal. That's the one thing that I will forever hate about law firms (not attorneys, I like some of them). Try to make me feel unworthy? I am not a child. Thank you for being an ass. Thank you for thinking you're god. Oh and most especially, thank you for paying me less than everyone else who does my job. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment