Monday, November 08, 2004

The art of listening

I have come to the realization that no one ever *really* listens anymore. What people do is listen for key words--then mumble out a response, they're not *really* listening to what you're saying. They either make quick judgments, or they tell you what their feelings of what they "think" is really going on. They don't necessarily hear the words coming out of your mouth, or they don't ask why. That is the most important three-letter word EVER, why. No matter what I say no one ever *hears* me. They like to say oh you're saying this because of this or that, and you're not like that. Either that or they make a snap judgment and that is the be all end all of it. Do not question my authority! Makes me want to do a *High Hitler Fist* into chest slam. It disgusts me. Maybe it's because when i'm talking to someone I overanalyze things and like to find out why someone would ask that, or say that. It's just in my nature. I realize that people don't have time to do that anymore, you know, to actually listen. It's a lost art, I think. I was also once told that I turn words around in my head and hear what I want to hear, or I don't take words for face value. Which I think was odd, since the person I was talking to wasn't listening to my responses--only jumping to their own conclusions. *HIGH HITLER!* Maybe I over explained myself *shrug*, which I tend to do. --------------------- On making a big gesture. Ben: If you are scared then why do it? Anna: It's the things that scare you that are the most worthwhile. -Chasing Liberty --------------------- This site is certified 26% EVIL by the Gematriculator This site is certified 74% GOOD by the Gematriculator -------------------- So yeah, that was my day. Oh and yeah, once again ... all is right in my universe. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment