Sunday, June 06, 2004

Ronald Wilson Reagan

February 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004 i wasn't old enough to vote for him, but he is the first president that i fully remember. he was not only charming and brilliant, but he had a way about him that made you believe him and give you hope for our future. "Overall, the Reagan years saw a restoration of prosperity, and the goal of peace through strength seemed to be within grasp." through his administration it shaped my political ideologies -- those that stay strong with me today. it was truly sad when he started getting sicker, and we all knew what would eventually happen. but rather than remember that, i choose to remember what he did, how he made me feel, how he gave me hope, and how proud i am to be a part of this wonderful country.... "Whatever history might say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way." ~ R. Reagan '92 "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." ~President Ronald Wilson Reagan, June 6th, 1984 let's do it for the gipper...

No comments:

Post a Comment