Thursday, February 17, 2005

Passing thoughts...

Yesterday, one of my favorite cousins called me to give me some sad news. One of my uncles passed. I was not close to him and their part of our family, but my parents (of course) are. The sad thing is (at least I think so) was that I wasn't really close to his daughter/my cousin, but we're around the same age... One of my first thoughts of her was, she's a deathrocker? She had all this white make-up on, red lipstick, long red nails and the blackest hair. I thought that was so weird. Then again, I wasn't living in Cali at the time...I was this little Island girl. I was so innocent then, can't say that now. When we moved back, most of my cousins live in so-cal, and we were in nor-cal. When I moved to so-cal, some of them moved up to nor-cal. I never really had a chance to get to know her side of the family. My other cousins, total other story--can't get rid of them! My brother got to know her, actually, the rest of my family got to know her. (My timing is always off.) I told my cousin to pass on our condolences. What else can I say? I never really had the opportunity to get to know my uncle, or my cousin. I saw her at family parties (sans deathrocker look), barely spoke to her. I guess its always like that. You have people that you're closer to, and you just stick to them. Of course, I found out some other stuff about my cousin (the one that called) that I never knew...so yesterdays conversation was eye opening. I'm glad we have that kind of relationship. It's just too bad that I never go the chance to get to know my uncle that passed, or their part of the family...

No comments:

Post a Comment