Wednesday, November 26, 2003

T'was The Nite Of Thanksgiving Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep. The leftovers beckoned -- the dark meat and white, But I fought the temptation with all of my might! Tossing and turning with anticipation The thought of a snack became infatuation. So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore. I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes. I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground. I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie. But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees.... Happy eating to all--pass the cranberries, please. May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump. May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump, May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize, May your Thanksgiving dinner stay OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment