Thursday, June 11, 2015

Upekshanam or Equanimity

I am learning that we are more than what our goals are. I started "pouring" myself more into one aspect of my life & was severely disappointed. But you know, I have to remind myself here & there that my work does not define me. That exam, does not define who I am.

I have always been so many things. A daughter, sister, girlfriend, pup mom, runner, social worker & now a yogi. I am learning to change my perspective & reminding myself that I will get disappointed, I won't succeed at everything every time. But what I will do is get up, dust myself off, and try again.  I have always been really good at that. 

I am getting more into the inward journey of yoga. For the past 4 years, I did yoga as cross-training for running. But I'm finding it so much more rewarding when you go deeper into the practice. The poses are one thing, but I find myself all over more balanced when I just focus on the moment. Practice mindfulness, like I used to teach. 

It's just a natural evolution so to speak, I think. My path has just lead me this way. God & the universe have pulled me in this direction, it has taken a few things to pull me this way. Now I'm fully accepting my journey & enjoying all the steps. 

I'm actually happier now & not letting anything bother me. Practicing upekshanam, being more calm, not let things get to me so much. It's actually been good. 

I'm really enjoying this inward journey. Practicing what I preach, I'm not gonna let the exam get the better of me. I'm also working on some things, namely, anxiety. It's actually really going well. I'll say that much. 

Anyway, if you're reading, thank you. Hope you have a nice day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment