Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Narrative Therapy

So after yesterday's session, or during, my therapist said I'm doing Narrative Therapy on myself. It's basically taking the problem, looking at it outside of yourself & creating a solution. I didn't really see that until she pointed it out. I always associated Narrative w/ creating a new story, but now, I will always remember it. 

I suppose it's because I'm looking at everything from a different perspective. I'm attempting to not give the exams more power than they should have. I also looked back & can see how much stronger clinically I am because I've been forced to take them so many times. So yeah, I have taken the problem & looked at it outside of myself. 

I'm focusing on all the positives & learning how to grow as a person. Ashtanga Yoga is helping me with that. Not just the advanced poses, but it's making me go inside & that's where you do all the work. Trying to be less frustrated with myself & having lots of patience. Forgiving others, even if I don't feel they're sorry for what they've done. I forgive, for myself. I don't have a right to know how others feel about me, I only have control over myself. I'm doing the best to keep it positive & stay strong in all aspects of my life. 

Thanks for joining me on this journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment